Monday, October 28, 2013

Joanna Takes Action

I also signed a petition against fracking, as the other two members of my group did. It felt great signing up for this petition because I feel that if the method of fracking continues, it is going to have extremely harmful affects on the world. I am not for fracking what so ever. The damage it cause to thins so essential such as water is not acceptable in my eyes. I want to do at least something about my strong feelings towards this subject, rather then sit back an complain. I feel that being able to sign up for petitions like this is great, because we get to state our opinion and have a say in what goes on in the world. It relates back to democracy because it is one of our rights as Americans to peacefully share our views on world issues. We have the option to change things if we want to. I feel that teaching social justice issues should occur to an extent. Personal opinion should not be forced on students, but all side should be given so students can make up their own opinions. I personally thing it is fine and important to talk about these issues because as long as it is taught from an objective view point. Which once again, I feel that this ties into the quote. We have to teach things like this to our students so they are conscious of all going on in the world and they can speak up and contribute. We have to teach this to our future generation so we can grow as a nation.




I highly suggest if you agree you should also sign up for the petition!
http://www.stopfrackingnow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment